Job DescriptionAngaza tackles global energy poverty, enabling off-grid customers to purchase clean energy through electronic micropayments. To do so, we develop a mix of hardware and software technology for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world.
If you join our small and growing team in San Francisco, you can solve any of a myriad of software challenges: architecting and scaling our payments / analytics backend platform; enhancing our partner-facing interface to better support their needs; designing novel synchronization protocols for highly constrained channels; squeezing DSP code into fewer bytes than this paragraph; traveling, if desired, to field sites and tech hubs across the world; and much more.
You can help create a revolutionary new approach to how clean energy is accessed in emerging markets. You would receive both a salary and an equity stake in the company.
- Experience programming in Unix environments
- Familiarity with the standard software engineering toolkit, e.g., git
- Ability to navigate the modern web-development morass
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with international travel
- B.S. in computer science (or similar) strongly recommended; relevant M.S. or any Ph.D. a plus
- Happiness in a dynamic, flexible (and fun!) atmosphere, with previous startup experience a plus
- We are based in San Francisco at the inspiring environment that is Hattery.
- Delicious food prepared on-site every day; more serious benefits also provided.
To ApplySend your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Angaza Software Developer Position”. Feel free to include any other information you think we should know. We are working to fill this position quickly, and will stay in touch with next steps.
Candidates only! No solicitations from recruiters or others, please.